Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic this pub is currently offering additional services:
Re-opens on the 4th of July. See website for details.more information...
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Originally a 900 seat cinema which opened in 1929. In 1970 it became a Lucky Seven Bingo Hall, although films continued to be shown. Closed in 2009 but reopened in March 2011 as a Wetherspoon pub after a major refurbishment. Vintage cinema posters adorn the walls of the entrance foyer and main auditorium, and a large, impressive work of art called "The March Montage" catches the eye on the wall above the bar. Other interesting artifacts include an original Hunter Penrose process camera, film cans and a "rogues gallery" of local figures in the balcony overlooking the bar, along with Statler and Waldorf from The Muppet Show. Ten handpumps serve the two regular beers plus changing guests.